All about Bacne and why is it plaguing us?
Acne on the face is hardly fun but what about back acne? You can bid goodbye to tank tops and strapless dresses.
Addressing bacne starts with treating the skin on the neck, shoulders and back with the same caution and concern as the skin on the face, according to board-certified dermatologist Jessica Weiser.
Here’s what you need to know about Bacne’s sources:
- Diet: Research shows that foods you eat could be linked to causing acne. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, there is some evidence that certain carbohydrates (e.g. white bread, potato chips) known to increase your blood sugar levels can also contribute to acne. For some, dairy products might also be a trigger. Learn more here
- Medications: Side effects of medication may develop acne for some people. For instance, medicines like certain antidepressants.
- Sweat: Sweat, exercise, tight-fitting clothing, non-breathable fabrics and other forms of surface abrasions, for instance, a bag pack. One of the most common causes of bacne.
- Stress: While stress may not be the direct cause of acne, it could be a contributing factor.
In most cases, you can get rid of bacne by making some lifestyle changes and make your own home remedies
- Having PH balancing body wash to remove excess oil and bacteria from the skin’s surface before they clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Investing In a good scrub can improve cell turnover and keep pores free of dead skin cells and bacteria. Avoid scrubbing the skin too vigorously, as it can damage the skin and leave scars.
- Avoid using scented laundry products. Scented detergents contain fragrances that can clog pores and the caused irritation and dryness to the skin. (research more)
- Book an appointment with a facial spa which provides bacne treatment (and chest acne) treatments. At Caring Skin, we offer the Nano Perfector /SHR/ Caring Skin’s detox back treatment to combat bacne.
Don’t just ignore your bacne because we’ve got you covered with our Caring Skin’s Detox Back treatment at just $98 (exclude gst) *Promotion valid till 31 Oct 2017. SIMPLY QUOTE “BACNE-BPOST” to enjoy this promotion.
Note that if your bacne is unresponsive to at-home treatments and counter medications, try visit a doctor. Early intervention is the best form of prevention against scarring.